West Bengal School Service Commission
September 27, 2008
It is an endeavor by the Government of West Bengal who decided to conduct an exam for facilitating the recruitment process in the post of Assistant Teachers in the government subsidized schools. The West Bengal School Service Commission was formed on 1st November, 1997 for strengthening education system in the states. WBSSC is now gaining currency among the aspiring teachers who are willing to impart knowledge to students of West Bengal.
West Bengal School Service Commission is controlled and supervised by Central commission. The territorial jurisdictions of Regional Commission of WBSSC are:
- Southern Region comprises of South 24-Parganas, Kolkata and Howrah. It headquarter is located at Kolkata.
- Western Region comprises of Bankura, Purulia, Paschim Medinipur and Purba Medinipur. Its headquarter is located at Bankura.
- Northern Region comprises of Jalpaiguri,Uttar Dinajpur,Coochbehar, Dakshin Dinajpur, Malda, Siliguri Sub-Division and within Murshidabad. Its headquarter is located at Malda.
- Eastern Region comprioses of Bardhaman, Hooghly and Birbhum. Its headquarter is located at Burdwan.
- South-Eastern Region comprises of North 24-Parganas and Nadia. Its headquarter is located at Barasat.